Sunday, September 02, 2007

PASTELS AGAIN













Random sketchbook dump, and pastels. The top is a study of my backyard, the bottom is drawn in high park. The bottom one was drawn with a pastel set i discovered in my room from a couple years ago. It was missing any reddish greens, so it was hard to get believable greens.
I had to wait at Union Square San Francisco by myself one day because i was waiting to do an orientation with a company called CDS that runs a program for foreign students coming to the states, so i drew the square.
The sketch of the fish was done in an aquarium in san fran. I was mesmorized. All anchovies do is swim in circles. There were over 500 of them in a huge tank just swimming counter clockwise the entire time i was in there they did not deviate off course. Also they have a hyper extended jaw, everytime they open their mouth it looks like they are disconnecting all the bones in their face.

11 comments:

Katy Wu said...

Hey Olga, put up your hansel and gretel stuff! :P I updated my blog. Also, did you get my email?

Andre Barnwell said...

nice sketch book dump. Im feelin the union square sketch.

Arree Chung said...

Hi Olga,

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your landscape pastels are looking great...and you say you don't paint?!!! I really like all of your drawings. Do you miss katy yet? We can ship her to you. :)

victoriaying said...

beautiful! wonderful work!

Raymond Xu said...

Holy moly! Awesome, me like the pastels.

g said...

very nice :DD

Kinman said...

i see some amazing values and colors..and you say you don't paint.. these are great paintings!

lorelay bove said...

nice Olga the backyard studies are great! Bill would be proud(you probably get a pad on the back)

good stuff!

Edward Juan said...

Hey olga,
so are you back in Toronto now? What's going? what's your next adventure? hey, have you sent your stuff up to laika yet?
Those salmon drawings remind me of this french comic I saw few years back... swimming upstream or something called like that. very cool!

Mark said...

nice sketches....

Sho Masanao Katayama said...

wait a minute, your backyard looks like that? wow, it makes me dislike la. i am one of randam katy's friends btw.